If you are 18 and over, and have capacity, you have the right to make a Will. A Will lets you say how you want your personal items and assets or possessions distributed after you die; you can also say who you would like to care for your children.
How to get your Will made 100% free of charge
Phone the Public Trustee and Guardian on (02) 6207 9800 to make an appointment. You will need to bring identification with you to your appointment.
The Public Trustee and Guardian is conveniently located in the heart of the City at 221 London Circuit.
Making your Will: You can start to make your Will online now or fill out the online form (below) to make an appointment with one of our experienced team members.
What if I die without leaving a Will
- It can place a burden on your family at a sad and stressful time
- It may take time and money to sort out who gets your personal items
- Your wishes will not be known, so there could be family disagreements.
A Will needs changing as your life changes
You may need to update your Will if you:
- Move in with your partner
- Get married
- Have a child or grandchild
- Separate from your partner
- Get divorced
- Have a change to your assets.
Benefits of a Will prepared by the Public Trustee and Guardian
- We will make your Will free of charge with the Public Trustee and Guardian as your executor
- You can leave clear instructions for your family
- We are experienced – we prepare approximately 800 Wills each year
- We provide safe and free document storage.